Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 6:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 06:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.29 meters/second, 1516.6 km/hour, 942.4 miles/hour or 818.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 21.6"||942.15 mi||West||0° 05' 41.5"||6.53 mi||North||942.44 mi|
|24 hours||13° 49' 57.5"||904.68 mi||East||2° 47' 39.7"||192.17 mi||North||931.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Broome||Sat 2:56 PM||119 km||74 miles||64 nm||NNW|
|Kupang||Sat 2:56 PM||987 km||614 miles||533 nm||N|
|Darwin||Sat 4:26 PM||1154 km||717 miles||623 nm||NE|
|Dili||Sat 3:56 PM||1205 km||749 miles||651 nm||NNE|
|Alice Springs||Sat 4:26 PM||1293 km||803 miles||698 nm||ESE|
|Denpasar||Sat 2:56 PM||1388 km||862 miles||749 nm||NW|
|Eucla||Sat 3:41 PM||1544 km||959 miles||834 nm||SSE|
|Makassar||Sat 2:56 PM||1570 km||976 miles||848 nm||NNW|
|Perth||Sat 2:56 PM||1578 km||981 miles||852 nm||SSW|
|Malang||Sat 1:56 PM||1618 km||1006 miles||874 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.