Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 7:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 07:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.38 meters/second, 1517.0 km/hour, 942.6 miles/hour or 819.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||North||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 23.3"||942.36 mi||West||0° 05' 44.1"||6.57 mi||North||942.66 mi|
|24 hours||13° 49' 12.6"||904.03 mi||East||2° 48' 30.9"||193.15 mi||North||931.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Hedland||Sat 3:16 PM||176 km||109 miles||95 nm||SSE|
|Karratha||Sat 3:16 PM||211 km||131 miles||114 nm||SSW|
|Denpasar||Sat 3:16 PM||1173 km||729 miles||633 nm||NNW|
|Malang||Sat 2:16 PM||1333 km||829 miles||720 nm||NNW|
|Surabaya||Sat 2:16 PM||1401 km||871 miles||757 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sat 4:16 PM||1436 km||893 miles||776 nm||NE|
|Perth||Sat 3:16 PM||1448 km||900 miles||782 nm||S|
|Makassar||Sat 3:16 PM||1544 km||959 miles||834 nm||N|
|Darwin||Sat 4:46 PM||1586 km||985 miles||856 nm||ENE|
|Bandung||Sat 2:16 PM||1722 km||1070 miles||930 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.