Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 7:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 07:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.42 meters/second, 1517.1 km/hour, 942.7 miles/hour or 819.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||North||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 24.0"||942.45 mi||West||0° 05' 45.0"||6.59 mi||North||942.74 mi|
|24 hours||13° 48' 54.5"||903.77 mi||East||2° 48' 51.4"||193.54 mi||North||931.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Karratha||Sat 3:24 PM||227 km||141 miles||123 nm||SSE|
|Denpasar||Sat 3:24 PM||1143 km||710 miles||617 nm||N|
|Malang||Sat 2:24 PM||1262 km||784 miles||681 nm||NNW|
|Surabaya||Sat 2:24 PM||1335 km||830 miles||721 nm||NNW|
|Surakarta||Sat 2:24 PM||1369 km||851 miles||739 nm||NNW|
|Perth||Sat 3:24 PM||1438 km||894 miles||777 nm||S|
|Semarang||Sat 2:24 PM||1446 km||899 miles||781 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sat 4:24 PM||1568 km||974 miles||846 nm||NE|
|Makassar||Sat 3:24 PM||1582 km||983 miles||854 nm||NNE|
|Bandung||Sat 2:24 PM||1598 km||993 miles||863 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.