Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 7:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 07:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.47 meters/second, 1517.3 km/hour, 942.8 miles/hour or 819.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 05.6"||0.11 mi||North||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 24.9"||942.55 mi||West||0° 05' 46.3"||6.62 mi||North||942.85 mi|
|24 hours||13° 48' 32.1"||903.45 mi||East||2° 49' 17.0"||194.03 mi||North||931.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Denpasar||Sat 3:34 PM||1158 km||720 miles||625 nm||N|
|Malang||Sat 2:34 PM||1217 km||756 miles||657 nm||N|
|Surakarta||Sat 2:34 PM||1289 km||801 miles||696 nm||NNW|
|Surabaya||Sat 2:34 PM||1295 km||805 miles||699 nm||N|
|Semarang||Sat 2:34 PM||1362 km||846 miles||735 nm||NNW|
|Perth||Sat 3:34 PM||1462 km||908 miles||789 nm||S|
|Bandung||Sat 2:34 PM||1469 km||913 miles||793 nm||NNW|
|Jakarta||Sat 2:34 PM||1584 km||984 miles||855 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Sat 3:34 PM||1665 km||1035 miles||899 nm||NNE|
|Dili||Sat 4:34 PM||1753 km||1089 miles||946 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.