Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 8:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 17%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 08:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.62 meters/second, 1517.8 km/hour, 943.1 miles/hour or 819.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 05.7"||0.11 mi||North||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 27.8"||942.89 mi||West||0° 05' 50.2"||6.69 mi||North||943.19 mi|
|24 hours||13° 47' 20.1"||902.42 mi||East||2° 50' 38.3"||195.58 mi||North||930.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|The Settlement||Sat 3:06 PM||939 km||584 miles||507 nm||N|
|Bandung||Sat 3:06 PM||1343 km||834 miles||725 nm||N|
|Surakarta||Sat 3:06 PM||1374 km||854 miles||742 nm||NNE|
|Semarang||Sat 3:06 PM||1416 km||880 miles||765 nm||NNE|
|Jakarta||Sat 3:06 PM||1418 km||881 miles||766 nm||N|
|Malang||Sat 3:06 PM||1426 km||886 miles||770 nm||NNE|
|Surabaya||Sat 3:06 PM||1500 km||932 miles||810 nm||NNE|
|Denpasar||Sat 4:06 PM||1534 km||953 miles||829 nm||NE|
|Bengkulu||Sat 3:06 PM||1712 km||1064 miles||925 nm||NNW|
|Palembang||Sat 3:06 PM||1764 km||1096 miles||952 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.