Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 12:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 12:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.88 meters/second, 1522.4 km/hour, 945.9 miles/hour or 822.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.7"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||North||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 50.9"||945.72 mi||West||0° 06' 20.7"||7.28 mi||North||946.04 mi|
|24 hours||13° 37' 34.3"||894.05 mi||East||3° 01' 12.1"||207.68 mi||North||925.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Antsirabe||Sat 3:24 PM||384 km||239 miles||207 nm||ESE|
|Antananarivo||Sat 3:24 PM||408 km||253 miles||220 nm||E|
|Mahajanga||Sat 3:24 PM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||NE|
|Fianarantsoa||Sat 3:24 PM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||SE|
|Toliara||Sat 3:24 PM||540 km||336 miles||292 nm||S|
|Nampula||Sat 2:24 PM||601 km||373 miles||324 nm||NW|
|Toamasina||Sat 3:24 PM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||E|
|Mamoutzou||Sat 3:24 PM||651 km||405 miles||352 nm||NNE|
|Fomboni||Sat 3:24 PM||685 km||426 miles||370 nm||N|
|Pemba||Sat 2:24 PM||698 km||434 miles||377 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.