Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 1:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 19%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 13:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.23 meters/second, 1523.6 kilometres/hour, 946.7 miles/hour or 822.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||North||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 57.2"||946.52 mi||West||0° 06' 28.8"||7.43 mi||North||946.84 mi|
|24 hours||13° 34' 54.2"||891.77 mi||East||3° 03' 57.5"||210.84 mi||North||923.60 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bulawayo||Sat 3:34 PM||269 km||167 miles||145 nm||SE|
|Francistown||Sat 3:34 PM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||SSE|
|Gweru||Sat 3:34 PM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||ESE|
|Lusaka||Sat 3:34 PM||358 km||222 miles||193 nm||NNE|
|Maun||Sat 3:34 PM||406 km||252 miles||219 nm||WSW|
|Chitungwiza||Sat 3:34 PM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||E|
|Harare||Sat 3:34 PM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||E|
|Serowe||Sat 3:34 PM||447 km||278 miles||242 nm||S|
|Masvingo||Sat 3:34 PM||458 km||285 miles||247 nm||ESE|
|Kabwe||Sat 3:34 PM||464 km||288 miles||251 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.