Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 5:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 20%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 17:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.60 meters/second, 1528.6 km/hour, 949.8 miles/hour or 825.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 06.8"||0.13 mi||North||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 21.6"||949.58 mi||West||0° 06' 57.9"||7.98 mi||North||949.93 mi|
|24 hours||13° 24' 52.7"||883.25 mi||East||3° 13' 51.7"||222.17 mi||North||918.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vitória *||Sat 3:56 PM||519 km||322 miles||280 nm||WSW|
|Salvador||Sat 2:56 PM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||NNW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sat 3:56 PM||931 km||578 miles||503 nm||SW|
|Recife||Sat 2:56 PM||1093 km||679 miles||590 nm||N|
|Guarulhos *||Sat 3:56 PM||1251 km||777 miles||676 nm||WSW|
|São Paulo *||Sat 3:56 PM||1265 km||786 miles||683 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia *||Sat 3:56 PM||1277 km||794 miles||690 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Sat 2:56 PM||1586 km||985 miles||856 nm||N|
|Belém||Sat 2:56 PM||2265 km||1407 miles||1223 nm||NW|
|Asuncion *||Sat 2:56 PM||2374 km||1475 miles||1282 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.