Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 6:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 21%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 18:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.92 meters/second, 1529.7 km/hour, 950.5 miles/hour or 826.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||North||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 27.3"||950.31 mi||West||0° 07' 04.3"||8.11 mi||North||950.65 mi|
|24 hours||13° 22' 34.7"||881.29 mi||East||3° 16' 02.1"||224.66 mi||North||916.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Itumbiara *||Sat 4:56 PM||156 km||97 miles||84 nm||ESE|
|Goiânia *||Sat 4:56 PM||179 km||111 miles||97 nm||NE|
|Anápolis *||Sat 4:56 PM||228 km||142 miles||123 nm||NE|
|Barra do Garças||Sat 3:56 PM||277 km||172 miles||150 nm||NW|
|Brasilia *||Sat 4:56 PM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||NE|
|Pirassununga *||Sat 4:56 PM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||SE|
|Campinas *||Sat 4:56 PM||675 km||420 miles||365 nm||SSE|
|São Paulo *||Sat 4:56 PM||759 km||472 miles||410 nm||SSE|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sat 4:56 PM||959 km||596 miles||518 nm||SE|
|Asuncion *||Sat 3:56 PM||1113 km||692 miles||601 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.