Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 7:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 21%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 19:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.98 meters/second, 1529.9 km/hour, 950.6 miles/hour or 826.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||North||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 28.2"||950.43 mi||West||0° 07' 05.5"||8.13 mi||North||950.77 mi|
|24 hours||13° 22' 11.7"||880.97 mi||East||3° 16' 23.6"||225.07 mi||North||916.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Barra do Garças||Sat 4:06 PM||215 km||134 miles||116 nm||NNE|
|Goiânia *||Sat 5:06 PM||401 km||249 miles||216 nm||ENE|
|Brasilia *||Sat 5:06 PM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||ENE|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Sat 3:06 PM||869 km||540 miles||469 nm||W|
|São Paulo *||Sat 5:06 PM||920 km||572 miles||497 nm||SE|
|Asuncion *||Sat 4:06 PM||968 km||602 miles||523 nm||SSW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sat 5:06 PM||1170 km||727 miles||632 nm||ESE|
|Sucre||Sat 3:06 PM||1312 km||815 miles||709 nm||W|
|La Paz||Sat 3:06 PM||1624 km||1009 miles||877 nm||W|
|Salvador||Sat 4:06 PM||1636 km||1017 miles||884 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.