Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 8:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 21%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 20:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.30 meters/second, 1531.1 km/hour, 951.4 miles/hour or 826.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 07.1"||0.14 mi||North||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 34.0"||951.15 mi||West||0° 07' 11.8"||8.25 mi||North||951.51 mi|
|24 hours||13° 19' 53.6"||879.02 mi||East||3° 18' 31.7"||227.52 mi||North||915.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Oruro||Sat 4:06 PM||46 km||28 miles||25 nm||SSE|
|Cochabamba||Sat 4:06 PM||128 km||80 miles||69 nm||E|
|La Paz||Sat 4:06 PM||149 km||92 miles||80 nm||NW|
|Sucre||Sat 4:06 PM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||SE|
|Santa Cruz||Sat 4:06 PM||442 km||274 miles||239 nm||E|
|Arequipa||Sat 3:06 PM||466 km||290 miles||252 nm||WNW|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Sat 4:06 PM||693 km||431 miles||374 nm||E|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Sat 3:06 PM||743 km||462 miles||401 nm||NW|
|Riberalta||Sat 4:06 PM||743 km||462 miles||401 nm||N|
|Cobija||Sat 4:06 PM||745 km||463 miles||402 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.