Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 22:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 17, 2012 at 22:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.06 meters/second, 1533.8 km/hour, 953.1 miles/hour or 828.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.88 mi||west||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||north||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 47.1"||952.85 mi||west||0° 07' 26.0"||8.52 mi||north||953.21 mi|
|24 hours||13° 14' 36.4"||874.55 mi||east||3° 23' 18.6"||232.99 mi||north||912.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sat 5:24 PM||1410 km||876 miles||761 nm||SW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 4:24 PM||2176 km||1352 miles||1175 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sat 5:24 PM||2594 km||1612 miles||1401 nm||E|
|Quito||Sat 5:24 PM||3066 km||1905 miles||1656 nm||NE|
|Adamstown||Sat 2:24 PM||3180 km||1976 miles||1717 nm||WSW|
|La Paz||Sat 6:24 PM||3448 km||2143 miles||1862 nm||E|
|Santiago *||Sat 7:24 PM||3474 km||2159 miles||1876 nm||SE|
|San Jose||Sat 4:24 PM||3517 km||2185 miles||1899 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Sat 4:24 PM||3618 km||2248 miles||1954 nm||NNE|
|Rio Branco||Sat 6:24 PM||3625 km||2253 miles||1958 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.