Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 12:04:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 23%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 00:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.61 meters/second, 1535.8 km/hour, 954.3 miles/hour or 829.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.90 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 56.6"||954.10 mi||West||0° 07' 36.0"||8.71 mi||North||954.46 mi|
|24 hours||13° 10' 47.2"||871.32 mi||East||3° 26' 39.5"||236.82 mi||North||910.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sat 4:04 PM||1050 km||652 miles||567 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 7:04 PM||1918 km||1192 miles||1036 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sat 2:04 PM||2655 km||1649 miles||1433 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sat 2:04 PM||3723 km||2313 miles||2010 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 2:04 PM||4165 km||2588 miles||2249 nm||WNW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 6:04 PM||4230 km||2628 miles||2284 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Sat 1:04 PM||4791 km||2977 miles||2587 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Sat 6:04 PM||4908 km||3050 miles||2650 nm||NE|
|Apia *||Sun 2:04 PM||5066 km||3148 miles||2735 nm||W|
|Guatemala||Sat 6:04 PM||5129 km||3187 miles||2769 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.