Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 12:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 23%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 00:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.62 meters/second, 1535.8 km/hour, 954.3 miles/hour or 829.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.90 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 56.8"||954.12 mi||West||0° 07' 36.2"||8.72 mi||North||954.48 mi|
|24 hours||13° 10' 42.5"||871.26 mi||East||3° 26' 43.6"||236.90 mi||North||910.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sat 4:06 PM||1024 km||636 miles||553 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 7:06 PM||1959 km||1217 miles||1058 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sat 2:06 PM||2604 km||1618 miles||1406 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sat 2:06 PM||3673 km||2282 miles||1983 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 2:06 PM||4119 km||2559 miles||2224 nm||WNW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 6:06 PM||4277 km||2658 miles||2310 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Sat 1:06 PM||4741 km||2946 miles||2560 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Sat 6:06 PM||4938 km||3068 miles||2666 nm||NE|
|Apia *||Sun 2:06 PM||5015 km||3116 miles||2708 nm||W|
|Guatemala||Sat 6:06 PM||5167 km||3211 miles||2790 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.