Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 12:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 23%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 00:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.67 meters/second, 1536.0 km/hour, 954.4 miles/hour or 829.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.91 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 57.6"||954.22 mi||West||0° 07' 37.0"||8.73 mi||North||954.58 mi|
|24 hours||13° 10' 24.2"||871.00 mi||East||3° 26' 59.3"||237.20 mi||North||909.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sat 4:14 PM||939 km||584 miles||507 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 7:14 PM||2126 km||1321 miles||1148 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sat 2:14 PM||2400 km||1491 miles||1296 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sat 2:14 PM||3474 km||2158 miles||1876 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 2:14 PM||3938 km||2447 miles||2126 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sat 1:14 PM||4539 km||2821 miles||2451 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 2:14 PM||4810 km||2989 miles||2597 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Sat 6:14 PM||5060 km||3144 miles||2732 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Sun 1:14 PM||5075 km||3153 miles||2740 nm||WSW|
|Guatemala||Sat 6:14 PM||5323 km||3308 miles||2874 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.