Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 12:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 23%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 00:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.72 meters/second, 1536.2 km/hour, 954.6 miles/hour or 829.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.91 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 58.6"||954.35 mi||West||0° 07' 38.0"||8.75 mi||North||954.71 mi|
|24 hours||13° 10' 01.3"||870.68 mi||East||3° 27' 19.0"||237.57 mi||North||909.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sat 3:24 PM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sat 4:24 PM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sat 2:24 PM||2145 km||1333 miles||1158 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sat 7:24 PM||2342 km||1455 miles||1265 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 2:24 PM||3225 km||2004 miles||1741 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 2:24 PM||3716 km||2309 miles||2006 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sat 1:24 PM||4287 km||2664 miles||2315 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 2:24 PM||4554 km||2830 miles||2459 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 1:24 PM||4826 km||2998 miles||2606 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Sat 6:24 PM||5221 km||3244 miles||2819 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.