Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 12:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 23%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 00:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.78 meters/second, 1536.4 km/hour, 954.7 miles/hour or 829.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.91 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.15 mi||North||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 59.5"||954.47 mi||West||0° 07' 39.0"||8.77 mi||North||954.84 mi|
|24 hours||13° 09' 38.6"||870.35 mi||East||3° 27' 38.8"||237.95 mi||North||909.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sat 3:34 PM||749 km||465 miles||404 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 4:34 PM||903 km||561 miles||488 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sat 2:34 PM||1889 km||1174 miles||1020 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sat 7:34 PM||2564 km||1593 miles||1384 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 2:34 PM||2976 km||1849 miles||1607 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 2:34 PM||3500 km||2175 miles||1890 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sat 1:34 PM||4035 km||2507 miles||2179 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 2:34 PM||4298 km||2671 miles||2321 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 1:34 PM||4348 km||2702 miles||2348 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 1:34 PM||4576 km||2844 miles||2471 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.