Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 12:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 23%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 00:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.90 meters/second, 1536.8 km/hour, 955.0 miles/hour or 829.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.15 mi||North||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 01.6"||954.75 mi||West||0° 07' 41.2"||8.81 mi||North||955.11 mi|
|24 hours||13° 08' 48.1"||869.65 mi||East||3° 28' 21.8"||238.77 mi||North||909.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sat 3:56 PM||713 km||443 miles||385 nm||SSE|
|Taiohae||Sat 3:26 PM||925 km||575 miles||499 nm||NNW|
|Adamstown||Sat 4:56 PM||1149 km||714 miles||620 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sat 2:56 PM||1328 km||825 miles||717 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sat 2:56 PM||2430 km||1510 miles||1312 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 2:56 PM||3051 km||1896 miles||1647 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 7:56 PM||3065 km||1904 miles||1655 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sat 1:56 PM||3479 km||2162 miles||1879 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 2:56 PM||3735 km||2321 miles||2017 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 1:56 PM||3788 km||2354 miles||2045 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.