Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 1:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 23%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 01:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.96 meters/second, 1537.0 km/hour, 955.1 miles/hour or 829.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 02.7"||954.87 mi||West||0° 07' 42.1"||8.83 mi||North||955.24 mi|
|24 hours||13° 08' 25.4"||869.32 mi||East||3° 28' 41.3"||239.14 mi||North||908.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sat 4:06 PM||829 km||515 miles||448 nm||SE|
|Taiohae||Sat 3:36 PM||884 km||550 miles||478 nm||N|
|Papeete||Sat 3:06 PM||1073 km||667 miles||579 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Sat 5:06 PM||1322 km||822 miles||714 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 3:06 PM||2184 km||1357 miles||1179 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 3:06 PM||2862 km||1779 miles||1545 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sat 2:06 PM||3226 km||2005 miles||1742 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sat 8:06 PM||3297 km||2049 miles||1780 nm||ESE|
|Apia *||Sun 3:06 PM||3479 km||2162 miles||1878 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 2:06 PM||3535 km||2197 miles||1909 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.