Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 1:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 23%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 01:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.00 meters/second, 1537.2 km/hour, 955.2 miles/hour or 830.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 03.4"||954.97 mi||West||0° 07' 43.0"||8.84 mi||North||955.34 mi|
|24 hours||13° 08' 07.1"||869.07 mi||East||3° 28' 56.9"||239.44 mi||North||908.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 3:14 PM||869 km||540 miles||469 nm||W|
|Taiohae||Sat 3:44 PM||907 km||563 miles||490 nm||NNE|
|Gambier Islands||Sat 4:14 PM||960 km||596 miles||518 nm||SE|
|Adamstown||Sat 5:14 PM||1477 km||918 miles||797 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 3:14 PM||1987 km||1235 miles||1073 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 3:14 PM||2721 km||1690 miles||1469 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sat 2:14 PM||3024 km||1879 miles||1633 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 3:14 PM||3274 km||2034 miles||1768 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 2:14 PM||3333 km||2071 miles||1800 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sat 8:14 PM||3484 km||2165 miles||1881 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.