Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 01:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 23%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 01:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.00 meters/second, 1537.2 km/hour, 955.2 miles/hour or 830.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.92 mi||west||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||north||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 03.4"||954.97 mi||west||0° 07' 43.0"||8.84 mi||north||955.34 mi|
|24 hours||13° 08' 07.1"||869.07 mi||east||3° 28' 56.9"||239.44 mi||north||908.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 3:14 PM||869 km||540 miles||469 nm||W|
|Taiohae||Sat 3:44 PM||907 km||563 miles||490 nm||NNE|
|Gambier Islands||Sat 4:14 PM||960 km||596 miles||518 nm||SE|
|Adamstown||Sat 5:14 PM||1477 km||918 miles||797 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 3:14 PM||1987 km||1235 miles||1073 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 3:14 PM||2721 km||1690 miles||1469 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sat 2:14 PM||3024 km||1879 miles||1633 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 3:14 PM||3274 km||2034 miles||1768 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 2:14 PM||3336 km||2073 miles||1801 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Sat 8:14 PM||3484 km||2165 miles||1881 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.