Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 1:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 23%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 01:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.01 meters/second, 1537.3 km/hour, 955.2 miles/hour or 830.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 03.6"||955.00 mi||West||0° 07' 43.0"||8.85 mi||North||955.37 mi|
|24 hours||13° 08' 02.5"||869.00 mi||East||3° 29' 00.8"||239.51 mi||North||908.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 3:16 PM||818 km||508 miles||442 nm||W|
|Taiohae||Sat 3:46 PM||919 km||571 miles||496 nm||NNE|
|Gambier Islands||Sat 4:16 PM||996 km||619 miles||538 nm||SE|
|Adamstown||Sat 5:16 PM||1517 km||943 miles||819 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 3:16 PM||1938 km||1205 miles||1047 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 3:16 PM||2687 km||1669 miles||1451 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sat 2:16 PM||2974 km||1848 miles||1606 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 3:16 PM||3223 km||2003 miles||1740 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 2:16 PM||3283 km||2040 miles||1772 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 2:16 PM||3529 km||2193 miles||1906 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.