Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 1:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 23%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 01:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.06 meters/second, 1537.4 km/hour, 955.3 miles/hour or 830.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 04.3"||955.10 mi||West||0° 07' 43.9"||8.86 mi||North||955.47 mi|
|24 hours||13° 07' 44.2"||868.75 mi||East||3° 29' 16.2"||239.81 mi||North||908.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 3:24 PM||614 km||382 miles||332 nm||W|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sat 3:24 PM||847 km||527 miles||458 nm||W|
|Taiohae||Sat 3:54 PM||997 km||619 miles||538 nm||NNE|
|Adamstown||Sat 5:24 PM||1683 km||1046 miles||909 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 3:24 PM||1744 km||1083 miles||941 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 3:24 PM||2557 km||1589 miles||1381 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sat 2:24 PM||2771 km||1722 miles||1496 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 3:24 PM||3018 km||1875 miles||1630 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 2:24 PM||3081 km||1915 miles||1664 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 2:24 PM||3330 km||2069 miles||1798 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.