Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 01:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 23%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 01:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.06 meters/second, 1537.4 km/hour, 955.3 miles/hour or 830.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.92 mi||west||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||north||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 04.3"||955.10 mi||west||0° 07' 43.9"||8.86 mi||north||955.47 mi|
|24 hours||13° 07' 44.2"||868.75 mi||east||3° 29' 16.2"||239.81 mi||north||908.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 3:24 PM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||W|
|Taiohae||Sat 3:54 PM||997 km||619 miles||538 nm||NNE|
|Adamstown||Sat 5:24 PM||1683 km||1046 miles||909 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 3:24 PM||1744 km||1083 miles||941 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 3:24 PM||2557 km||1589 miles||1381 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sat 2:24 PM||2771 km||1722 miles||1496 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 3:24 PM||3018 km||1875 miles||1630 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 2:24 PM||3085 km||1917 miles||1666 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 2:24 PM||3330 km||2069 miles||1798 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 8:24 PM||3719 km||2311 miles||2008 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.