Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 1:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 23%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.12 meters/second, 1537.6 km/hour, 955.4 miles/hour or 830.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 05.4"||955.23 mi||West||0° 07' 44.8"||8.88 mi||North||955.59 mi|
|24 hours||13° 07' 21.3"||868.42 mi||East||3° 29' 35.7"||240.18 mi||North||908.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 3:34 PM||361 km||224 miles||195 nm||W|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sat 3:34 PM||591 km||367 miles||319 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sat 3:34 PM||1503 km||934 miles||811 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 5:34 PM||1900 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 3:34 PM||2411 km||1498 miles||1302 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Sat 2:34 PM||2518 km||1565 miles||1360 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 3:34 PM||2762 km||1716 miles||1491 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 2:34 PM||2831 km||1759 miles||1529 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 2:34 PM||3081 km||1914 miles||1664 nm||WSW|
|Suva *||Sun 2:34 PM||3750 km||2330 miles||2025 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.