Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 01:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 23%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.12 meters/second, 1537.6 km/hour, 955.4 miles/hour or 830.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.9"||15.92 mi||west||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||north||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 05.4"||955.23 mi||west||0° 07' 44.8"||8.88 mi||north||955.59 mi|
|24 hours||13° 07' 21.3"||868.42 mi||east||3° 29' 35.7"||240.18 mi||north||908.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 3:34 PM||362 km||225 miles||195 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sat 3:34 PM||1503 km||934 miles||811 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 5:34 PM||1900 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 3:34 PM||2411 km||1498 miles||1302 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Sat 2:34 PM||2518 km||1565 miles||1360 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 3:34 PM||2762 km||1716 miles||1491 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 2:34 PM||2834 km||1761 miles||1530 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 2:34 PM||3081 km||1914 miles||1664 nm||WSW|
|Suva *||Sun 2:34 PM||3750 km||2330 miles||2025 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Sat 1:34 PM||3821 km||2374 miles||2063 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.