Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 2:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 24%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 02:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.30 meters/second, 1538.3 km/hour, 955.8 miles/hour or 830.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||15.93 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 08.4"||955.63 mi||West||0° 07' 48.0"||8.94 mi||North||956.00 mi|
|24 hours||13° 06' 08.4"||867.40 mi||East||3° 30' 37.2"||241.35 mi||North||907.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sat 4:06 PM||235 km||146 miles||127 nm||E|
|Papeete||Sat 4:06 PM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||E|
|Rarotonga||Sat 4:06 PM||783 km||486 miles||423 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Sat 3:06 PM||1711 km||1063 miles||924 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sun 4:06 PM||1945 km||1208 miles||1050 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 3:06 PM||2048 km||1272 miles||1106 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 4:06 PM||2106 km||1308 miles||1137 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Sun 3:06 PM||2288 km||1421 miles||1235 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 6:06 PM||2633 km||1636 miles||1422 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Sun 3:06 PM||2937 km||1825 miles||1586 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.