Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 2:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 24%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 02:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.40 meters/second, 1538.6 km/hour, 956.1 miles/hour or 830.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||15.93 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||15.93 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 10.2"||955.86 mi||West||0° 07' 49.6"||8.97 mi||North||956.23 mi|
|24 hours||13° 05' 27.3"||866.82 mi||East||3° 31' 11.4"||242.01 mi||North||907.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sat 4:24 PM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Sat 4:24 PM||928 km||576 miles||501 nm||E|
|Alofi||Sat 3:24 PM||1260 km||783 miles||680 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 4:24 PM||1488 km||925 miles||804 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 3:24 PM||1628 km||1012 miles||879 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 3:24 PM||1846 km||1147 miles||997 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 4:24 PM||2070 km||1286 miles||1118 nm||N|
|Suva *||Sun 3:24 PM||2480 km||1541 miles||1339 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sun 2:24 PM||2613 km||1624 miles||1411 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sat 2:24 PM||2746 km||1707 miles||1483 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.