Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 5:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 25%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 05:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.40 meters/second, 1542.2 km/hour, 958.3 miles/hour or 832.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 27.1"||958.10 mi||West||0° 08' 06.2"||9.29 mi||North||958.48 mi|
|24 hours||12° 58' 47.6"||861.21 mi||East||3° 36' 37.6"||248.23 mi||North||903.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Sun 4:20 PM||778 km||483 miles||420 nm||N|
|Luganville||Sun 4:20 PM||839 km||521 miles||453 nm||E|
|Port Vila||Sun 4:20 PM||960 km||597 miles||518 nm||E|
|Gizo||Sun 4:20 PM||963 km||598 miles||520 nm||NNW|
|Noumea||Sun 4:20 PM||982 km||610 miles||530 nm||SE|
|Brisbane||Sun 3:20 PM||1387 km||862 miles||749 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Sun 3:20 PM||1453 km||903 miles||785 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Sun 3:20 PM||1533 km||953 miles||828 nm||WNW|
|Yaren||Sun 5:20 PM||1942 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||NNE|
|Suva *||Sun 6:20 PM||2031 km||1262 miles||1097 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.