Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 06:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 25%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 06:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.82 meters/second, 1543.8 km/hour, 959.2 miles/hour or 833.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||15.99 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||north||15.99 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 34.2"||959.05 mi||west||0° 08' 12.8"||9.41 mi||north||959.43 mi|
|24 hours||12° 56' 00.7"||858.86 mi||east||3° 38' 49.6"||250.74 mi||north||901.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Normanton||Sun 4:34 PM||164 km||102 miles||89 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Sun 4:34 PM||453 km||281 miles||245 nm||E|
|Tennant Creek||Sun 4:04 PM||868 km||539 miles||469 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Sun 4:34 PM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||NE|
|Alice Springs||Sun 4:04 PM||1152 km||716 miles||622 nm||SW|
|Darwin||Sun 4:04 PM||1233 km||766 miles||666 nm||WNW|
|Jayapura||Sun 3:34 PM||1522 km||946 miles||822 nm||N|
|Brisbane||Sun 4:34 PM||1711 km||1063 miles||924 nm||SE|
|Manokwari||Sun 3:34 PM||1893 km||1177 miles||1022 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sun 3:34 PM||1937 km||1204 miles||1046 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.