Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 6:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 06:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.95 meters/second, 1544.2 km/hour, 959.5 miles/hour or 833.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||15.99 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||15.99 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 36.5"||959.33 mi||West||0° 08' 14.8"||9.45 mi||North||959.71 mi|
|24 hours||12° 55' 11.3"||858.17 mi||East||3° 39' 28.2"||251.48 mi||North||901.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Sun 4:26 PM||440 km||273 miles||237 nm||SSW|
|Darwin||Sun 4:26 PM||720 km||447 miles||389 nm||NW|
|Alice Springs||Sun 4:26 PM||866 km||538 miles||467 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Sun 4:56 PM||1015 km||631 miles||548 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Sun 4:56 PM||1399 km||870 miles||756 nm||ENE|
|Dili||Sun 3:56 PM||1440 km||895 miles||778 nm||NW|
|Jayapura||Sun 3:56 PM||1589 km||987 miles||858 nm||NNE|
|Manokwari||Sun 3:56 PM||1716 km||1066 miles||927 nm||N|
|Eucla||Sun 3:41 PM||1869 km||1161 miles||1009 nm||SSW|
|Adelaide *||Sun 5:26 PM||2086 km||1296 miles||1126 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.