Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 06:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 06:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.95 meters/second, 1544.2 km/hour, 959.5 miles/hour or 833.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||15.99 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||north||15.99 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 36.5"||959.33 mi||west||0° 08' 14.8"||9.45 mi||north||959.71 mi|
|24 hours||12° 55' 11.3"||858.17 mi||east||3° 39' 28.2"||251.48 mi||north||901.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Sun 4:26 PM||440 km||273 miles||237 nm||SSW|
|Darwin||Sun 4:26 PM||720 km||447 miles||389 nm||NW|
|Alice Springs||Sun 4:26 PM||866 km||538 miles||467 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Sun 4:56 PM||1015 km||631 miles||548 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Sun 4:56 PM||1399 km||870 miles||756 nm||ENE|
|Dili||Sun 3:56 PM||1440 km||895 miles||778 nm||NW|
|Jayapura||Sun 3:56 PM||1589 km||987 miles||858 nm||NNE|
|Manokwari||Sun 3:56 PM||1716 km||1066 miles||927 nm||N|
|Eucla||Sun 3:41 PM||1869 km||1161 miles||1009 nm||SSW|
|Adelaide *||Sun 5:26 PM||2086 km||1296 miles||1126 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.