Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 7:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 07:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.06 meters/second, 1544.6 km/hour, 959.8 miles/hour or 834.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.00 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.00 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 38.4"||959.59 mi||West||0° 08' 16.6"||9.49 mi||North||959.97 mi|
|24 hours||12° 54' 26.3"||857.54 mi||East||3° 40' 03.1"||252.15 mi||North||900.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Katherine||Sun 4:46 PM||208 km||129 miles||112 nm||NNE|
|Darwin||Sun 4:46 PM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||N|
|Tennant Creek||Sun 4:46 PM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||SE|
|Alice Springs||Sun 4:46 PM||870 km||540 miles||470 nm||SSE|
|Baucau||Sun 4:16 PM||1013 km||630 miles||547 nm||NNW|
|Same||Sun 4:16 PM||1015 km||631 miles||548 nm||NW|
|Suai||Sun 4:16 PM||1016 km||631 miles||549 nm||NW|
|Dili||Sun 4:16 PM||1059 km||658 miles||572 nm||NW|
|Cairns||Sun 5:16 PM||1528 km||950 miles||825 nm||E|
|Manokwari||Sun 4:16 PM||1717 km||1067 miles||927 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.