Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 7:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 07:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 429.11 meters/second, 1544.8 kilometres/hour, 959.9 miles/hour or 834.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.00 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.00 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 39.2"||959.69 mi||West||0° 08' 17.3"||9.50 mi||North||960.07 mi|
|24 hours||12° 54' 08.3"||857.28 mi||East||3° 40' 17.0"||252.41 mi||North||900.70 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Sun 4:54 PM||432 km||268 miles||233 nm||NNE|
|Tennant Creek||Sun 4:54 PM||625 km||388 miles||338 nm||SE|
|Suai||Sun 4:24 PM||889 km||552 miles||480 nm||NNW|
|Same||Sun 4:24 PM||898 km||558 miles||485 nm||NNW|
|Baucau||Sun 4:24 PM||916 km||569 miles||494 nm||NNW|
|Kupang||Sun 3:24 PM||926 km||576 miles||500 nm||NW|
|Dili||Sun 4:24 PM||945 km||587 miles||510 nm||NNW|
|Alice Springs||Sun 4:54 PM||950 km||590 miles||513 nm||SSE|
|Makassar||Sun 3:24 PM||1647 km||1023 miles||889 nm||NW|
|Eucla||Sun 4:09 PM||1720 km||1069 miles||929 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.