Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 7:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 07:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.29 meters/second, 1545.4 km/hour, 960.3 miles/hour or 834.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.00 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.01 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 42.2"||960.11 mi||West||0° 08' 20.2"||9.55 mi||North||960.49 mi|
|24 hours||12° 52' 56.5"||856.28 mi||East||3° 41' 12.2"||253.46 mi||North||900.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Broome||Sun 3:56 PM||212 km||132 miles||114 nm||S|
|Kupang||Sun 3:56 PM||682 km||424 miles||368 nm||NNE|
|Ende||Sun 3:56 PM||801 km||498 miles||433 nm||N|
|Suai||Sun 4:56 PM||836 km||519 miles||451 nm||NNE|
|Same||Sun 4:56 PM||886 km||550 miles||478 nm||NNE|
|Raba||Sun 3:56 PM||909 km||565 miles||491 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sun 4:56 PM||926 km||576 miles||500 nm||NNE|
|Baucau||Sun 4:56 PM||981 km||609 miles||530 nm||NNE|
|Darwin||Sun 5:26 PM||1050 km||652 miles||567 nm||ENE|
|Denpasar||Sun 3:56 PM||1093 km||679 miles||590 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.