Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 8:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 08:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 429.35 meters/second, 1545.7 kilometres/hour, 960.4 miles/hour or 834.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.01 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.01 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 43.2"||960.24 mi||West||0° 08' 20.9"||9.57 mi||North||960.62 mi|
|24 hours||12° 52' 34.1"||855.96 mi||East||3° 41' 29.5"||253.79 mi||North||899.80 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kupang||Sun 4:06 PM||793 km||492 miles||428 nm||NE|
|Ende||Sun 4:06 PM||834 km||518 miles||450 nm||NNE|
|Raba||Sun 4:06 PM||842 km||523 miles||455 nm||N|
|Mataram||Sun 4:06 PM||904 km||561 miles||488 nm||NNW|
|Denpasar||Sun 4:06 PM||939 km||584 miles||507 nm||NNW|
|Suai||Sun 5:06 PM||978 km||608 miles||528 nm||NE|
|Singaraja||Sun 4:06 PM||999 km||621 miles||539 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Sun 5:06 PM||1065 km||662 miles||575 nm||NE|
|Malang||Sun 3:06 PM||1161 km||721 miles||627 nm||NW|
|Makassar||Sun 4:06 PM||1208 km||751 miles||652 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.