Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 9:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 09:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.69 meters/second, 1546.9 km/hour, 961.2 miles/hour or 835.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.02 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||North||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 48.9"||961.01 mi||West||0° 08' 26.1"||9.67 mi||North||961.39 mi|
|24 hours||12° 50' 20.1"||854.08 mi||East||3° 43' 11.2"||255.73 mi||North||898.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|The Settlement||Sun 4:06 PM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||N|
|Bantam||Sun 3:36 PM||971 km||603 miles||524 nm||WNW|
|Bandung||Sun 4:06 PM||1036 km||644 miles||559 nm||NNE|
|Jakarta||Sun 4:06 PM||1100 km||684 miles||594 nm||N|
|Surakarta||Sun 4:06 PM||1122 km||697 miles||606 nm||NE|
|Semarang||Sun 4:06 PM||1152 km||716 miles||622 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Sun 4:06 PM||1210 km||752 miles||653 nm||NE|
|Surabaya||Sun 4:06 PM||1277 km||794 miles||690 nm||NE|
|Denpasar||Sun 5:06 PM||1372 km||853 miles||741 nm||NE|
|Bengkulu||Sun 4:06 PM||1375 km||854 miles||742 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.