Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 12:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 12:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.84 meters/second, 1551.0 km/hour, 963.8 miles/hour or 837.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.06 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.06 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 08.0"||963.57 mi||West||0° 08' 42.8"||9.98 mi||North||963.96 mi|
|24 hours||12° 43' 02.1"||847.94 mi||East||3° 48' 32.9"||261.86 mi||North||894.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Louis||Sun 4:24 PM||522 km||324 miles||282 nm||S|
|Saint-Denis||Sun 4:24 PM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||SSW|
|Saint-Paul||Sun 4:24 PM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||SSW|
|Saint-Pierre||Sun 4:24 PM||680 km||422 miles||367 nm||SSW|
|Port Mathurin (Rodrigues)||Sun 4:24 PM||799 km||497 miles||432 nm||SE|
|Toamasina||Sun 3:24 PM||894 km||556 miles||483 nm||WSW|
|Antananarivo||Sun 3:24 PM||1109 km||689 miles||599 nm||WSW|
|Victoria||Sun 4:24 PM||1215 km||755 miles||656 nm||N|
|Moroni||Sun 3:24 PM||1576 km||980 miles||851 nm||WNW|
|Diego Garcia||Sun 6:24 PM||1876 km||1166 miles||1013 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.