Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 1:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 13:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.08 meters/second, 1551.9 km/hour, 964.3 miles/hour or 838.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 12.0"||964.12 mi||West||0° 08' 46.2"||10.05 mi||North||964.51 mi|
|24 hours||12° 41' 30.1"||846.64 mi||East||3° 49' 38.5"||263.11 mi||North||893.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mahajanga||Sun 4:06 PM||103 km||64 miles||56 nm||WSW|
|Mamoutzou||Sun 4:06 PM||355 km||221 miles||192 nm||NW|
|Toamasina||Sun 4:06 PM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||SE|
|Antananarivo||Sun 4:06 PM||395 km||246 miles||213 nm||S|
|Antsiranana||Sun 4:06 PM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||NE|
|Mutsamudu||Sun 4:06 PM||465 km||289 miles||251 nm||NW|
|Antsirabe||Sun 4:06 PM||500 km||311 miles||270 nm||S|
|Fomboni||Sun 4:06 PM||505 km||314 miles||273 nm||NW|
|Moroni||Sun 4:06 PM||588 km||365 miles||317 nm||NW|
|Fianarantsoa||Sun 4:06 PM||675 km||420 miles||365 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.