Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 1:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 13:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.14 meters/second, 1552.1 km/hour, 964.4 miles/hour or 838.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 13.1"||964.25 mi||West||0° 08' 47.0"||10.06 mi||North||964.64 mi|
|24 hours||12° 41' 08.3"||846.34 mi||East||3° 49' 53.9"||263.41 mi||North||893.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mahajanga||Sun 4:16 PM||169 km||105 miles||91 nm||ESE|
|Mamoutzou||Sun 4:16 PM||286 km||178 miles||154 nm||N|
|Mutsamudu||Sun 4:16 PM||353 km||219 miles||190 nm||N|
|Fomboni||Sun 4:16 PM||355 km||221 miles||192 nm||NNW|
|Moroni||Sun 4:16 PM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||NNW|
|Antananarivo||Sun 4:16 PM||492 km||306 miles||266 nm||SE|
|Pemba||Sun 3:16 PM||530 km||330 miles||286 nm||WNW|
|Antsirabe||Sun 4:16 PM||556 km||345 miles||300 nm||SSE|
|Toamasina||Sun 4:16 PM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||ESE|
|Antsiranana||Sun 4:16 PM||593 km||368 miles||320 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.