Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 1:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 13:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.18 meters/second, 1552.3 km/hour, 964.5 miles/hour or 838.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 13.8"||964.35 mi||West||0° 08' 47.5"||10.08 mi||North||964.74 mi|
|24 hours||12° 40' 50.8"||846.09 mi||East||3° 50' 06.3"||263.64 mi||North||892.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fomboni||Sun 4:24 PM||348 km||216 miles||188 nm||NNE|
|Pemba||Sun 3:24 PM||362 km||225 miles||196 nm||NW|
|Mahajanga||Sun 4:24 PM||373 km||232 miles||201 nm||E|
|Mamoutzou||Sun 4:24 PM||379 km||236 miles||205 nm||NE|
|Mutsamudu||Sun 4:24 PM||386 km||240 miles||208 nm||NNE|
|Nampula||Sun 3:24 PM||387 km||241 miles||209 nm||W|
|Moroni||Sun 4:24 PM||403 km||250 miles||217 nm||N|
|Antananarivo||Sun 4:24 PM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||SE|
|Antsirabe||Sun 4:24 PM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||SE|
|Toamasina||Sun 4:24 PM||765 km||475 miles||413 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.