Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 2:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 29%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 14:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.48 meters/second, 1553.3 km/hour, 965.2 miles/hour or 838.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 18.7"||965.03 mi||West||0° 08' 51.6"||10.16 mi||North||965.42 mi|
|24 hours||12° 38' 57.6"||844.50 mi||East||3° 51' 25.6"||265.16 mi||North||891.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kabwe||Sun 4:16 PM||218 km||136 miles||118 nm||WNW|
|Lusaka||Sun 4:16 PM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||W|
|Chinhoyi||Sun 4:16 PM||241 km||150 miles||130 nm||S|
|Chipata||Sun 4:16 PM||302 km||188 miles||163 nm||NE|
|Harare||Sun 4:16 PM||303 km||188 miles||163 nm||SSE|
|Ndola||Sun 4:16 PM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||NW|
|Chitungwiza||Sun 4:16 PM||321 km||200 miles||173 nm||SSE|
|Kitwe||Sun 4:16 PM||348 km||217 miles||188 nm||NW|
|Lilongwe||Sun 4:16 PM||393 km||244 miles||212 nm||ENE|
|Gweru||Sun 4:16 PM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.