Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 4:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 30%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 16:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.12 meters/second, 1555.6 km/hour, 966.6 miles/hour or 840.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.3"||16.11 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.11 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 29.3"||966.45 mi||West||0° 09' 00.3"||10.32 mi||North||966.84 mi|
|24 hours||12° 35' 00.0"||841.17 mi||East||3° 54' 08.7"||268.26 mi||North||889.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sun 4:06 PM||1031 km||641 miles||557 nm||W|
|Luanda||Sun 5:06 PM||1225 km||761 miles||661 nm||ENE|
|Windhoek *||Sun 6:06 PM||1633 km||1015 miles||882 nm||ESE|
|São Tomé||Sun 4:06 PM||1716 km||1067 miles||927 nm||N|
|Kinshasa||Sun 5:06 PM||1719 km||1068 miles||928 nm||NE|
|Brazzaville||Sun 5:06 PM||1721 km||1069 miles||929 nm||NE|
|Libreville||Sun 5:06 PM||1802 km||1120 miles||973 nm||NNE|
|Malabo||Sun 5:06 PM||2135 km||1327 miles||1153 nm||NNE|
|Yaoundé||Sun 5:06 PM||2243 km||1394 miles||1211 nm||NNE|
|Accra||Sun 4:06 PM||2306 km||1433 miles||1245 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.