Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 6:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 30%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 18:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.81 meters/second, 1558.1 km/hour, 968.2 miles/hour or 841.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 40.6"||968.00 mi||West||0° 09' 09.2"||10.49 mi||North||968.39 mi|
|24 hours||12° 30' 43.6"||837.56 mi||East||3° 56' 59.3"||271.52 mi||North||886.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Recife||Sun 3:06 PM||1293 km||803 miles||698 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Sun 3:06 PM||1459 km||907 miles||788 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Sun 3:06 PM||1903 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||NW|
|Jamestown||Sun 6:06 PM||2085 km||1295 miles||1126 nm||E|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 4:06 PM||2118 km||1316 miles||1143 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia *||Sun 4:06 PM||2452 km||1523 miles||1324 nm||W|
|São Paulo *||Sun 4:06 PM||2470 km||1535 miles||1334 nm||WSW|
|Monrovia||Sun 6:06 PM||2800 km||1740 miles||1512 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Sun 6:06 PM||2870 km||1783 miles||1550 nm||NNE|
|Conakry||Sun 6:06 PM||2948 km||1832 miles||1592 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.