Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 7:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 31%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 19:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.27 meters/second, 1559.8 km/hour, 969.2 miles/hour or 842.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 48.2"||969.03 mi||West||0° 09' 15.0"||10.60 mi||North||969.42 mi|
|24 hours||12° 27' 54.6"||835.19 mi||East||3° 58' 49.0"||273.60 mi||North||885.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Brasilia *||Sun 5:26 PM||408 km||253 miles||220 nm||WSW|
|Goiânia *||Sun 5:26 PM||581 km||361 miles||314 nm||WSW|
|Belo Horizonte *||Sun 5:26 PM||612 km||380 miles||331 nm||S|
|Salvador||Sun 4:26 PM||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||ENE|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 5:26 PM||956 km||594 miles||516 nm||S|
|São Paulo *||Sun 5:26 PM||1040 km||646 miles||562 nm||SSW|
|Recife||Sun 4:26 PM||1250 km||776 miles||675 nm||ENE|
|Fortaleza||Sun 4:26 PM||1344 km||835 miles||726 nm||NNE|
|Belém||Sun 4:26 PM||1502 km||933 miles||811 nm||NNW|
|Asuncion *||Sun 4:26 PM||1837 km||1141 miles||992 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.