Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 7:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 31%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 19:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.33 meters/second, 1560.0 km/hour, 969.3 miles/hour or 842.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.16 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 49.1"||969.16 mi||West||0° 09' 15.7"||10.61 mi||North||969.55 mi|
|24 hours||12° 27' 33.6"||834.89 mi||East||3° 59' 02.5"||273.86 mi||North||885.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Brasilia *||Sun 5:36 PM||196 km||122 miles||106 nm||SW|
|Goiânia *||Sun 5:36 PM||368 km||229 miles||199 nm||SW|
|Barra do Garças||Sun 4:36 PM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||WSW|
|Belo Horizonte *||Sun 5:36 PM||683 km||425 miles||369 nm||SSE|
|Salvador||Sun 4:36 PM||911 km||566 miles||492 nm||E|
|São Paulo *||Sun 5:36 PM||1015 km||631 miles||548 nm||S|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 5:36 PM||1023 km||636 miles||553 nm||SSE|
|Belém||Sun 4:36 PM||1442 km||896 miles||779 nm||N|
|Recife||Sun 4:36 PM||1473 km||915 miles||795 nm||ENE|
|Fortaleza||Sun 4:36 PM||1486 km||924 miles||803 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.