Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 7:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 31%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 19:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.38 meters/second, 1560.2 km/hour, 969.5 miles/hour or 842.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.16 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.16 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 50.0"||969.29 mi||West||0° 09' 16.4"||10.63 mi||North||969.68 mi|
|24 hours||12° 27' 12.6"||834.60 mi||East||3° 59' 15.9"||274.12 mi||North||884.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Brasilia *||Sun 5:46 PM||212 km||132 miles||115 nm||SE|
|Anápolis *||Sun 5:46 PM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||S|
|Goiânia *||Sun 5:46 PM||258 km||160 miles||139 nm||S|
|Barra do Garças||Sun 4:46 PM||371 km||231 miles||201 nm||WSW|
|São Paulo *||Sun 5:46 PM||1053 km||654 miles||569 nm||SSE|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 5:46 PM||1144 km||711 miles||618 nm||SSE|
|Salvador||Sun 4:46 PM||1168 km||726 miles||631 nm||E|
|Belém||Sun 4:46 PM||1429 km||888 miles||772 nm||N|
|Asuncion *||Sun 4:46 PM||1498 km||931 miles||809 nm||SW|
|Fortaleza||Sun 4:46 PM||1659 km||1031 miles||896 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.