Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 8:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 31%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 20:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.50 meters/second, 1560.6 km/hour, 969.7 miles/hour or 842.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.16 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.16 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 51.9"||969.54 mi||West||0° 09' 17.8"||10.65 mi||North||969.93 mi|
|24 hours||12° 26' 30.7"||834.01 mi||East||3° 59' 42.5"||274.62 mi||North||884.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Barra do Garças||Sun 5:06 PM||257 km||160 miles||139 nm||SE|
|Goiânia *||Sun 6:06 PM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||ESE|
|Brasilia *||Sun 6:06 PM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||ESE|
|Pedro Juan Caballero *||Sun 5:06 PM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||S|
|Asuncion *||Sun 5:06 PM||1273 km||791 miles||688 nm||SSW|
|São Paulo *||Sun 6:06 PM||1285 km||798 miles||694 nm||SE|
|Sucre||Sun 4:06 PM||1309 km||813 miles||707 nm||WSW|
|Manaus||Sun 4:06 PM||1403 km||872 miles||757 nm||NNW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 6:06 PM||1491 km||926 miles||805 nm||SE|
|La Paz||Sun 4:06 PM||1535 km||954 miles||829 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.