Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 11:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 23:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.62 meters/second, 1564.6 km/hour, 972.2 miles/hour or 844.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 10.2"||972.07 mi||West||0° 09' 31.3"||10.91 mi||North||972.46 mi|
|24 hours||12° 19' 41.3"||828.25 mi||East||4° 03' 55.7"||279.45 mi||North||880.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sun 6:24 PM||1670 km||1038 miles||902 nm||SSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 5:24 PM||1955 km||1215 miles||1056 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sun 6:24 PM||2688 km||1670 miles||1451 nm||E|
|Quito||Sun 6:24 PM||2968 km||1844 miles||1603 nm||ENE|
|Adamstown||Sun 3:24 PM||3220 km||2001 miles||1738 nm||WSW|
|San Jose||Sun 5:24 PM||3269 km||2032 miles||1765 nm||NE|
|Managua||Sun 5:24 PM||3339 km||2075 miles||1803 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Sun 5:24 PM||3340 km||2075 miles||1803 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sun 5:24 PM||3375 km||2097 miles||1822 nm||NNE|
|Tegucigalpa||Sun 5:24 PM||3475 km||2160 miles||1877 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.