Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 23:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 23:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.63 meters/second, 1564.7 km/hour, 972.2 miles/hour or 844.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.20 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 10.3"||972.15 mi||west||0° 09' 31.3"||10.91 mi||north||972.54 mi|
|24 hours||12° 19' 39.1"||828.27 mi||east||4° 03' 57.1"||279.49 mi||north||880.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sun 6:24 PM||1657 km||1030 miles||895 nm||SSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 5:24 PM||1975 km||1227 miles||1067 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sun 6:24 PM||2717 km||1688 miles||1467 nm||E|
|Quito||Sun 6:24 PM||2994 km||1860 miles||1617 nm||ENE|
|Adamstown||Sun 3:24 PM||3194 km||1985 miles||1725 nm||WSW|
|San Jose||Sun 5:24 PM||3287 km||2042 miles||1775 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sun 5:24 PM||3352 km||2083 miles||1810 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Sun 5:24 PM||3354 km||2084 miles||1811 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sun 5:24 PM||3386 km||2104 miles||1828 nm||NNE|
|Tegucigalpa||Sun 5:24 PM||3486 km||2166 miles||1882 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.