Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 19, 2012 at 00:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 00:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.96 meters/second, 1565.9 km/hour, 973.0 miles/hour or 845.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.22 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 15.8"||972.83 mi||west||0° 09' 35.3"||10.99 mi||north||973.22 mi|
|24 hours||12° 17' 39.2"||826.53 mi||east||4° 05' 08.6"||280.83 mi||north||879.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sun 7:24 PM||1653 km||1027 miles||893 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Sun 4:24 PM||1929 km||1199 miles||1041 nm||SW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 6:24 PM||3253 km||2021 miles||1757 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Sun 2:24 PM||3598 km||2236 miles||1943 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Sun 6:24 PM||4108 km||2552 miles||2218 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sun 6:24 PM||4215 km||2619 miles||2276 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sun 6:24 PM||4244 km||2637 miles||2292 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sun 7:24 PM||4253 km||2642 miles||2296 nm||E|
|Managua||Sun 6:24 PM||4366 km||2713 miles||2357 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Sun 6:24 PM||4404 km||2736 miles||2378 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.