Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 19, 2012 at 00:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 00:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.15 meters/second, 1566.5 km/hour, 973.4 miles/hour or 845.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.22 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 18.9"||973.25 mi||west||0° 09' 37.4"||11.03 mi||north||973.63 mi|
|24 hours||12° 16' 32.3"||825.58 mi||east||4° 05' 48.0"||281.59 mi||north||878.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sun 4:56 PM||1418 km||881 miles||766 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 7:56 PM||2155 km||1339 miles||1164 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 2:56 PM||2754 km||1711 miles||1487 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 2:56 PM||3866 km||2402 miles||2087 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 2:56 PM||4034 km||2507 miles||2178 nm||WNW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 6:56 PM||4061 km||2523 miles||2193 nm||ENE|
|Mexico City||Sun 6:56 PM||4566 km||2837 miles||2465 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Sun 6:56 PM||4843 km||3010 miles||2615 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sun 6:56 PM||4897 km||3043 miles||2644 nm||NE|
|Alofi||Sun 1:56 PM||4910 km||3051 miles||2651 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.