Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 19, 2012 at 01:06:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 01:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.20 meters/second, 1566.7 km/hour, 973.5 miles/hour or 846.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.22 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 19.6"||973.36 mi||west||0° 09' 38.0"||11.04 mi||north||973.75 mi|
|24 hours||12° 16' 14.5"||825.33 mi||east||4° 05' 58.5"||281.79 mi||north||878.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sun 5:06 PM||1338 km||831 miles||722 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 8:06 PM||2322 km||1443 miles||1254 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 3:06 PM||2528 km||1571 miles||1365 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 3:06 PM||3646 km||2265 miles||1969 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 3:06 PM||3820 km||2374 miles||2063 nm||WNW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 7:06 PM||4283 km||2661 miles||2312 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Sun 2:06 PM||4685 km||2911 miles||2530 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Sun 7:06 PM||4709 km||2926 miles||2543 nm||NE|
|Apia *||Mon 3:06 PM||4906 km||3049 miles||2649 nm||W|
|Guatemala||Sun 7:06 PM||5025 km||3122 miles||2713 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.