Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 19, 2012 at 1:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 01:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 435.20 meters/second, 1566.7 kilometres/hour, 973.5 miles/hour or 846.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 19.6"||973.36 mi||West||0° 09' 38.0"||11.04 mi||North||973.75 mi|
|24 hours||12° 16' 14.5"||825.33 mi||East||4° 05' 58.5"||281.79 mi||North||878.12 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sun 5:06 PM||1338 km||831 miles||722 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 8:06 PM||2322 km||1443 miles||1254 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 3:06 PM||2528 km||1571 miles||1365 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 3:06 PM||3646 km||2265 miles||1969 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 3:06 PM||3820 km||2374 miles||2063 nm||WNW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 7:06 PM||4283 km||2661 miles||2312 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Sun 2:06 PM||4686 km||2911 miles||2530 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Sun 7:06 PM||4709 km||2926 miles||2543 nm||NE|
|Apia *||Mon 3:06 PM||4906 km||3049 miles||2649 nm||W|
|Guatemala||Sun 7:06 PM||5025 km||3122 miles||2713 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.