Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 19, 2012 at 01:16:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 01:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.25 meters/second, 1566.9 km/hour, 973.6 miles/hour or 846.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.23 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 20.5"||973.48 mi||west||0° 09' 38.5"||11.05 mi||north||973.87 mi|
|24 hours||12° 15' 54.3"||825.05 mi||east||4° 06' 10.2"||282.01 mi||north||877.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sun 5:16 PM||1289 km||801 miles||696 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sun 3:16 PM||2275 km||1414 miles||1229 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 8:16 PM||2520 km||1566 miles||1361 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 3:16 PM||3399 km||2112 miles||1835 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 3:16 PM||3582 km||2226 miles||1934 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sun 2:16 PM||4432 km||2754 miles||2393 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Mon 3:16 PM||4647 km||2888 miles||2509 nm||W|
|Mexico City||Sun 7:16 PM||4878 km||3031 miles||2634 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Mon 2:16 PM||4992 km||3102 miles||2695 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Sun 3:16 PM||4993 km||3103 miles||2696 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.