Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 19, 2012 at 1:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at 2:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 19, 2012 at 01:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.30 meters/second, 1567.1 km/hour, 973.7 miles/hour or 846.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.23 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 21.2"||973.58 mi||West||0° 09' 39.1"||11.06 mi||North||973.97 mi|
|24 hours||12° 15' 38.3"||824.82 mi||East||4° 06' 19.5"||282.19 mi||North||877.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sun 5:24 PM||1285 km||799 miles||694 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sun 3:24 PM||2073 km||1288 miles||1119 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 8:24 PM||2685 km||1668 miles||1450 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 3:24 PM||3203 km||1990 miles||1729 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 3:24 PM||3395 km||2110 miles||1833 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sun 2:24 PM||4230 km||2628 miles||2284 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Mon 3:24 PM||4439 km||2758 miles||2397 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 2:24 PM||4792 km||2978 miles||2587 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Sun 3:24 PM||4860 km||3020 miles||2624 nm||NW|
|Mexico City||Sun 7:24 PM||5020 km||3119 miles||2711 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.